Sunday, November 28, 2010

Make choices and be thankful!

As we enjoy Thanksgiving and get ready for the Christmas season I have been thinking a lot about being "thankful".  I have many things to be thankful for as most of us do.  Of course I am thankful for my family, friends and our health and to have a home over my head.  I guess these are the “standard” things.   But what am I really thankful for??  As I continued to go over the same things over and over again I realized there is one thing I take for granted and never stop to think about…..  I never stop to be thankful for the ability to make choices.  We make choices, many choices every day and it is just part of the day, no big deal.  This year I am feeling so blessed to have the ability to choose.  I can choose what I am going to eat and wear to why and how I choose to worship God.  We make these choices without even thinking about them.  Do we ever stop to think what life would be like without choices?  We are so fortunate to live in a country that prides itself on freedom, the freedom to choose and to still be protected by law.
There are some constants in life and change is one of those constants.  It happens to us every day, like it or not.  We can be thankful, selective and intentional of the choices we make or we can just let life happen to us.  Life is not about getting what you want.  It’s about wanting what you have and being thankful for that.  I can’t think of anything better to be thankful for. 
After all if we make good choices then the things we care most about like family, friends and health will be well with us and not taken for granted.  Make good choices, many of them all day long… and be thankful you could choose.....

No comments:

Post a Comment